Thursday, November 21, 2013

RepRap 3D Printer Released

Today I am eventually proud of my extreme affordable and effective design of the 3D RepRap printer and the Spark Wheel Direct Drive Extruder!

They both, in combination, have printed a serious object - a compressor wheel thing:53455 that took 110 layers 0.3mm each:






I mentioned before, that QuadRap aluminum frame structure does not require specific extruders, but was tested along with a 300 gram extruder with direct driven spark wheel on both filaments Ø1,75mm and Ø3mm.

I thank at first Erick Will for his moral support that encouraged me to publish finding on time and second the positive evaluation of the experienced Tim Ratall which has also made me feel at home in this play yard I am only 6 months in, thanks Tim! Your efforts are wonderful and I like how you made the wire drives, the gears and the holder for the two extruders! I hope to beat you ;). By the way I haven't replaced any single tape or re-tentioned since started. Z platform on single screw holds more weight than on wire, or?


I honestly appreciate Mr. Roland Littwin efforts in writing Repetier software and very thankful for his prompt answers to my firmware newbie emails

Guys, there are more than 4 thousand readers of this blog I see in the log, be not so shy, share questions, ideas, it is fun!

Buy 3D printer as a reliable plan B, try QuadRap in bigger dimensions for less expenses ;) Or think of it as RepStrap to build your dream printer - it is the simplest one to make, honestly!


Now I have a 3D printer I will use to make my planned multi-color mega light extruder, time to work in SolidWorks at home...


I encourage shops and private entrepreneurs to start selling pre-cut and pre-drilled aluminum profiles as kits for QuadRap builders: I would myself buy several to present for several people!

It is very easy to buy the RAMPS with the complete set of electronics and bunch of steppers in the Internet, but the mechanical parts you still have to order from different places and machine (drill mostly) yourself. It is boring for the third time, I swear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment